Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Turkey Dance!


If you know me you know that I have a very special Turkey dance, and if you know me and have seen said dance you are most likely trying to forget it right now... hee hee! But I'm loving turkey more and more! Well the other week in the store when Chris wasn't shopping with me, so he couldn't stop me, I bought ground turkey *GASP!**!!! My darlin Husband just does not see the point of said ground meat when there's a perfectly good beef version of it... WHATEVER!
So last night i decided i was going to cook it and the conversation went like this
Me:"Do you want Chili or Burgers"
Darlin: "BURGERS!"
Me: "Great Turkey burgers it is!"
Darlin: "YUCK!"
Me: "Oh yes Turkey Burgers and SWEET POTATO French Fries!"
Darlin: "YUCK! YUCK!"

HAHA! He totally forgot that he likes sweet potato french fries!
So thanks to being inspired from a recipe i found on epicurious i was able to get Chris to admit the burgers "Weren't bad... I mean they aren't beef but..." Wha ha ha!

Ingredients

1 lb ground turkey
1 small onion chopped in TINY pieces
around 1/2 tsp minced garlic
4 tbsp dried bread crumbs
2ish egg whites
3 tbsp BBQ sauce
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp liquid smoke

Mix it all together... make patties and refrigerate so they can settle and stick together better. Then throw them on the grill (or i find the good ole George Foreman much more friendly to these delicate burgers) until done and top with whatever.
I topped mine with caramelized onions and reduced fat cheddar cheese... oh and then FF mayo, ketchup, and lettuce. SOOO delicious! Chris said he wanted one burger, unless he ended up liking them then he would have two... yeah, he had two! YES!

No comments: