Monday, December 29, 2008

Amish Friendship Bread


Chris was given a bag of batter by a fellow at work (yes Chris Works on a constructions site) and brought it home to me with a page of instructions of what to do for the next 10 days and I thought what the HAY!
I would give you the recipe but I don't know it! BASICLY I think it contains a cup of flour, a cup of milk, and then a cup of sugar. You do this whole squish the bag a few days (I guess thinking of the friends you're going to give it to) then you add more stuff... squish a little more... and add more...
Then you put a cup of the batter in a gallon size bag and send it to your friends for the 10 day process.
With your left over cup you add more stuff and something of your choosing (i picked raisins) and then you bake. I baked mine in a bunt pan because i only have one loaf pan.

This bread was so yummy! It's a GREAT dessert or breakfast bread! My family came for Christmas as a surprise and LUCKILY i had already made this and they loved it!

No comments: