Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Berry Pie with Crumble Crust

So my mom is known for her Apple Pie (which I WILL make and include, promise) and I am known for my Blueberry pie... but me being the cheap person I am I knew I had a bag of mixed berries in my freezer and so I decided to make my Blueberry Pie WITH different berries! So Since I AM southern and I'm celebrating being able to blog... with slightly hard to see pictures... I thought a Pie needed to be made!



First a tip that since I am very impatient I didn't do... let your frozen berries defrost so you can get a lot of the liquid drained before hand! HA!

Ingredients

1 Pie Crust
4C Mixed Berries
1C Sugar
3 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp grated lemon peal (I didn't feel like going out to buy A SINGLE lemon so i just used some lemon juice from my fridge)
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Make your pie crust (that's another blog to come). Mix all other ingredients together. Put filling in your pie then top with crumble crust... see below.

Crumble Crust
1C flour
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C butter
combine using hands to make a clumpy mixture

Put foil covering on pie and cook for 15 mins. Take off covering and cook until top is golden brown!

ENJOY!

No comments: