Monday, November 3, 2008

COOKIES! I DID IT!!!


Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip cookies!
I Made them! and they were eddible... not only that but GOOD! YES! Okay so many of you don't know this but i have a problem with making homemade cookies. I am so bad at it that my husband, who loves me very much, as requested that I not make them, I'm serious! So I have joined a cookie exchange in December and realized that I better start practicing! So I got out my cookie cookbook I was given in college and told Chris that I was not to be distracted because I MUST concore this! AND I DID! I was nervous, and I saw the hesitation in Chris eyes as he went for the first bite, but you know they were great! I even gave some to the neighbors and one of the little girls told me that I was a great cook! I'm not lying! YES! So here's my cookie recipe and enjoy!

Ingredients (I doubled this so I would have enough cookies)
1 c all purpose flower
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 c butter
3/4 c firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c crunchy peanut butter (I used creamy b/c it's all I had)
1 c Chocolate chips

Directions
Shift together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside
With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
In another bowl, mix the egg and vanilla extract, then gradually beat into the butter mixture.
Stir in the peanut butter and blend throughly. Stir in the dry ingredients. Last but not least stir in the chocolate chips.
Chill for at least 30 minutes, until firm.
Preheat oven to 350
Spoon onto cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.
I found 11 1/2 minutes to be perfect (oh yes i tested different times to get it just right!)
Enjoy!

No comments: